Portland OR &Vancouver WA
Integrating psychotherapy, medication management, acupuncture, reiki & massage for an encompassing and empowering approach to healing.
What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and health.
Reiki is a source of healing and renewal for the mind and body. When the body is imbalanced, the mind follows, and vice versa. Reiki is a gentle and non-invasive healing approach that fosters healing and balance between the connection of both mind and body.
Reiki is a gentle, non-invasive and powerful form of hands on healing that works to remove blockages or imbalances in the body’s subtle energy systems, as well as negative thoughts, feelings and sensations that are held in the mind and body. It is a natural healing art that creates increased overall health and wellbeing. It can be a source for addressing and clearing negative patterns of acute and chronic conditions and dis-ease that are a part of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual experience.
Reiki healing creates a sense of deep relaxation which heightens the body’s natural ability to rejuvenate the immune system by reducing and removing toxins, stress, emotions that can build up over time. Reiki healing sessions can provide the results and relief that will maintain and enhance your over well-being.
If you are integrating Reiki healing with therapy sessions, it will be a powerful adjunctive to your growth and healing process.
Reiki Healing Health Benefits
- It accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities (immune system)
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- Improves sleep, reduces stress and blood pressure
- Helps relieve symptoms of acute and chronic pain, and various other health conditions
- Provide pain relief and reduction of symptoms from migraine, arthritis, sciatica asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia
- Aids in the recovery process pre/post surgery
- Reduces some of the side effects of medicine and treatment of long term illness and chemotherapy
- Reduces anxiety during pregnancy
- Balances the mind and emotions
- Improves mental clarity, enhances learning, memory and a sense of peace and overall well-being assisting in coping with everyday stress
- Nurture the healing process of mental/emotional wounds and help work through maladaptive patterned responses
- Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger
- Relief during emotional distress, sorrow and the grieving process
- Cleans and clears negative emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers opening of perspective
- Strengthen and heal personal relationships, as it enhances your empathy and capability to love, thus fostering openness, deeper connection and growth in your relationships
- Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing
- Reiki enhances spiritual connection and growth
- Reiki is for everyone: it heals adults, infants, toddlers, children, elderly and pets
What to Expect in Your Session
Your session will start with an intake and conversation regarding the concerns you would like to address with Reiki healing. You will set an intention or hope for the Reiki session and the treatment will begin.
The Reiki healing treatment will be provided in a safe, comfortable and calm environment. You will lay down on table fully clothed, with pillows, blankets and bolsters available. Using a series of hand positions, I will gently place my hands on or above you and work from head to toe which will enhance the balancing and healing experience
After your session you will feel relaxed, energized and at peace as balance is restored to your body. You may feel increased clarity, truth, insight in different areas of your life.